“The Creativity Collective’s sub-krewe, WOOKIE D’S will parade during The Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus on January 30th, 2016 at 7pm. The parade’s theme is Chewluminati: Nerd World Order.
"Chewbacchus marches with 1500+ BacchanALIEN revelers in an amazing assortment of homemade Sci-Fi costumes. We roll with several of the best brass bands in the city and an incredible array of parade contraptions including a Millenium Falcon Wookiee Throne, a Mayan Temple on Wheels, a King Cake Flying Saucer (with an alien baby), the Bar2D2 mobile keg droid, and much more. Official site - http://chewbacchus.org"
Celebrate the bad seeds of sci-fi and cinema in our sub-krewe of the criminally insane, Wookie D’s. JOIN US and represent the psycho or super-villain of your choice. Contraptions welcome. Throws include hand-decorated and fur covered walnuts. Additional goodies are walnut shell dioramas, shell jewelry, and edible art. Our 4-wheeled Wookie watering hole has alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and will be broadcasting music from our Wookie DJ. All ages welcome.www.facebook.com/WookieDs Here’s how you do it!
- Join Chewbacchus ($42 for adults, $21 for kids) athttp://chewbacchus.org/shop/cart for your Droid Collar (aka wrist band). It is your pass to parade and to attend the Chewbacchanal party/ball. It also gives you access to Krewe-only areas and FREE beer/food/snacks. The parade starts at Krewe du Vieux Den (42 Architects Alley) and ends at Castillo Blanco (4321 St. Claude)
- After you pay, please email a copy of your receipt to Wookie D's for their records: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will add you to our closed group that has throw-building parties, idea sharing, and links to buy merch.
- Start working on your costumes/contraptions! For new riders, Chewbacchus costumes are cosplay quality, not Halloween costumes.
- Out-of-towners: Let us know if you need housing and we will do our best to accommodate our riders!
Leprecrawl is the one and only Leprechaun pub-crawl in New Orleans and a new addition to the St. Patrick’s season calendar of events.
The second Leprecrawl brings the pub-crawl party to Faubourg St John and Mid-City on March 5, 2016. A costume contest and food/drink discounts set the green gathering into motion. Early bird wristbands are $15 to raise funds for Gradeuxity, a positive reinforcement education initiative that awards graduating seniors a check of $50 in a booklet of life skills publicly after graduation. www.leprecrawl.com and Facebook.
The Creativity Collective participates in GiveNOLA Day to support Gradeuxity!
Hosted on Tuesday, May 3rd by the Greater New Orleans Foundation, GiveNOLA Day is the community’s one-day, online giving event to inspire people to give generously to the nonprofit organizations that are making our region stronger, creating a thriving community for all.
It’s our day to come together as one! Every dollar donated from midnight to midnight on May 3rd will be increased with additional “lagniappe” dollars provided by the Greater New Orleans Foundation and our generous GiveNOLA Day sponsors. Last year, we raised $4 million dollars from 34,000+ donations around the nation!
The First annual Crawfish Crawl is May 14, 2016 to benefit Gradeuxity!
Crawfish-themed pub crawl and crawfish boil will pair crawfish culinary delights with the beers and beverages that compliment them - neighborhood TBD.
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective is an artistic workforce with a community focus calling upon the talents of area entrepreneurs, artists, parents, and students to impact New Orleans issues with innovative solutions.
- The Collective’s year-long fundraising focus is Gradeuxity, which boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a $50 check in a booklet of life-skills. (gradeuxity.com).
- The Collective has crawl fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for Gradeuxity:
- March 5 - Leprecrawl: Leprechaun pub crawl and block party in Mid City. FB
- May 14 - Crawfish Crawl: Crawfish-themed pub crawl and crawfish boil. FB
- July 23 - Corset Crawl: Freret Street pub crawl and fashion walk in Corsets. FB
- September 17 - Bridal Crawl: FQ pub crawl and second-line in wedding dresses. FB
- November (TBD) - Artventure: Interactive art walk and treasure hunt for the whole family. FB
- The Creative Resource Directory (CRD) A print and web directory showcasing the New Orleans’ creative and cultural economy. (creativeresourcedirectory.com). FB
- Nolalit is The Collective’s book club that celebrates and reinforces local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related field trips (nolalit.com). FB
- Fauxmosa craft mocktail menu featuring seven drinks to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings. (fauxmosa.com). FB
- Grow partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea