If you Love Solving Problems Creatively, You Love The Creativity Collective!
Hosted on Tuesday, May 5th by the Greater New Orleans Foundation, GiveNOLA Day is the community’s one-day, online giving event to inspire people to give generously to the nonprofit organizations that make our region a stronger and more thriving community for all. It’s our day to come together as one! Every dollar donated from midnight to midnight on May 5th will be increased with additional “lagniappe” dollars provided by the Greater New Orleans Foundation and our generous GiveNOLA Day sponsors.
Craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings.
Special thanks to the New Orleans Hash House Harriers Red Dress Run for awarding The Creativity Collective a grant to launch Fauxmosa: the creation and distribution of craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers and designated drivers in social settings.
Menus utilize available bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options. Menus can be downloaded and will be distributed through-out New Orleans bars, restaurants and venues.
Fauxmosa also includes education, stimulating alcohol-free options in local establishments with a rating system. www.facebook.com/fauxmosa and www.fauxmosa.com.
The Creativity Collective will distribute their first Gradeuxity June 11, 2015 at Jazz in the Park, a Thursday evening public concert and community activities series from 4-8pm. The lineup is Raw Oyster Cult and Darcy Malone & the Tangle, as well as a second-line, food vendors, and over 23 artist booths.
- In the 2011/2012 school year, 9,246 Louisiana high-school students dropped out.
- Ten percent of 16-19 year olds are not in school, nor do they have a diploma or equivalent.
- The 2015 graduating class were elementary school children when Hurricane Katrina hit. These students have persevered through tragedy, upheaval, and slow recovery to graduate.
To address these statistics with positive reinforcement, the Creativity Collective launched Gradeuxity, an education initiative that awards graduates a $50 “tip” in a book of life-skills publicly.
The life-skills book provides information on applying for colleges, job hunting, banking, buying a car, traveling, renting an apartment, signing up for utilities, protecting yourself from predators, and emergency contacts.
The Creativity Collective focuses their entire year’s fundraising for Gradeuxity!
The Creativity Collective’s third annual pub crawl through the French Quarter in wedding dresses is Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Wanna relive that special day without all the stress? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Exorcise the demons of a bad marriage out of a perfectly good dress! Break out the white dress for a good cause, but wear comfortable shoes! 21 and over, please. I.D. required. EARLY BRIDE REGISTRATION STARTS APRIL 1! RSVP on Facebook and tell your friends www.bigeasybrides.com. Photo by Curt McClain.
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective is a social innovator that untaps the talents of our community members in a fun and fostering environment for local impact. The result is a workforce of entrepreneurs, parents, artists, and students launching home-grown solutions to New Orleans issues.
- Gradeuxity boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a check of $50 in a booklet of life-skills publicly after graduation. www.gradeuxity.com
- Fauxmosa creates and distributes menus that utilize bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options for non-drinkers, designated drivers, pregnant women, and moderate drinkers in social settings. www.fauxmosa.com
- Nolalit is a book club that celebrates local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related events. www.nolalit.com
- The Creative Resource Directory is a clearinghouse that brings the creative and cultural economy together at www.creativeresourcedirectory.com. Physical directory and phone app in the startup phase.
- Grow partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea