Join us for the Gradeuxity award ceremony on June 11th at the Broadmoor Arts & Wellness Center, 3900 General Taylor, New Orleans, LA 70125
Gradeuxity is a positive reinforcement education initiative that awards graduating seniors a check of $50 in a booklet of life skills publicly after graduation. Every child—regardless of race, economic background, parents, and type of school—is eligible for Gradeuxity. This includes public, home-school, and private school students. Seniors, with parental permission, can register at http://goo.gl/forms/2ua4wUp18a. (Graduation status will be validated. First-come-first-serve basis.) Non-check recipients will be entered into a raffle to win other items.
The Creativity Collective’s second annual Corset Crawl, a pub crawl through the New Freret in corsets is Saturday, July 23, 2016. Party in style and raise money for Gradeuxity!
Freret Street is an edgy yet polished uptown neighborhood near several universities. Corset Crawl begins at the 5000 block then proceeds to adjacent Freret Street venues offering drink and food discounts to wrist-banded attendees. The route is 1 mile, but well lubricated!
The Creativity Collective’s fourth annual Bridal Crawl, a pub crawl through the French Quarter in wedding dresses is Saturday, September 17, 2016. Party in style and raise money for Gradeuxity!
Wanna relive that special day without all the stress? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Exorcise the demons of a bad marriage out of a perfectly good dress! Break out the white dress for a good cause, but wear comfortable shoes! 21 and over, please. I.D. required.
This original New Orleans event is jaw-dropping fun with droves of brides drinking, eating, and dancing—some reliving their special day, some brides for the first time.
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective is an artistic workforce with a community focus calling upon the talents of area entrepreneurs, artists, parents, and students to impact New Orleans issues with innovative solutions.
- The Collective’s year-long fundraising focus is Gradeuxity, which boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a $50 check in a booklet of life-skills. (gradeuxity.com).
- The Collective has crawl fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for Gradeuxity:
- The Creative Resource Directory (CRD) A print and web directory showcasing the New Orleans’ creative and cultural economy. (creativeresourcedirectory.com). FB
- Nolalit is The Collective’s book club that celebrates and reinforces local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related field trips (nolalit.com). FB
- Fauxmosa craft mocktail menu featuring seven drinks to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings. (fauxmosa.com). FB
- Grow partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea