Craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings.
Special thanks to the New Orleans Hash House Harriers Red Dress Run for awarding The Creativity Collective a grant to launch Fauxmosa: the creation and distribution of craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers and designated drivers in social settings.
Menus utilize available bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options. Menus can be downloaded and will be distributed through-out New Orleans bars, restaurants and venues.
Fauxmosa also includes education, stimulating alcohol-free options in local establishments with a rating system. www.facebook.com/fauxmosa and www.fauxmosa.com.
Pub Crawl Fundraiser brings Themed Corsets to Freret Street on July 25, 2015
The Creativity Collective would like to introduce the first ever Corset Crawl, a pub crawl in corsets that explores The New Freret and supports local grants for graduating seniors.
The event begins at 2:00 pm in the 5000 block then proceeds to adjacent Freret Street venues offering drink and food discounts to wrist-banded attendees. The Freret corridor is an edgy yet polished uptown neighborhood near several universities. Participating venues include Ancora (www.ancorapizza.com), Wayfare (www.wayfarenola.com), Midway Pizza (www.midwaypizzanola.com), Cure (www.curenola.com), Gasa Gasa (www.gasagasa.com), Dat Dog (www.datdognola.com), and The Other Bar (www.facebook.com/otherbaronfreret).
The corset’s popularity began in sixteenth-century Europe. It has since become a costume and undergarment staple, especially with the city’s performance troupes and marching krewes. The Creativity Collective will be awarding the best group theme, most classic representation, and best comedic interpretation.
Corset Crawl funds Gradeuxity (gratuity for graduates), a check for $50 awarded to high school graduates in a book of life skills. DID YOU KNOW: In New Orleans, ten percent of 16 to 19 year olds are neither in school, nor do they have a diploma or GED? Gradeuxity aims to reduce this statistic. www.gradeuxity.com
Wristbands can be purchased at creativitycollective.com/store for $13, and will be available at will-call registration. Wristbands are $15 at the door. We ask that participants be twenty-one and over. Updates will be posted at www.corsetcrawl.com and at the Facebook event.
Look for The Creativity Collective at Culture Collision 7, a trade show of 65 local performing arts, visual arts, and philanthropist organizations under one roof.
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
The National WWII Museum’s US Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center
Culture Collision is a smorgasbord of season announcements, exclusive promotions, pop-up performances, a HUGE free drawing, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, and cash bar with Happy Hour specials. www.culturenola.org for more info
The event is hosted by WWNO, sponsored by NewOrleans.me, The National WWII Museum and Canary Collective. It is organized by the Arts Council of New Orleans, DEVENEY, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, New Orleans Ballet Association, New Orleans Opera Association, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, Southern Rep and WWNO.
The Creativity Collective’s third annual pub crawl through the French Quarter in wedding dresses is Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Wanna relive that special day without all the stress? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Exorcise the demons of a bad marriage out of a perfectly good dress! Break out the white dress for a good cause, but wear comfortable shoes! Behold, our 2015 participating venues:
2:00 - 4:00 Jackson Brewery and Bistro
4:15 - 5:15 House of Blues
5:15 - 6:15 Fahrenheit 55
6:30 - 7:30 Antoine's/Hermes Bar
7:30 - 9:00 Razoo
9:00 - 10:00 Bourbon Heat
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective is a social innovator that untaps the talents of our community members in a fun and fostering environment for local impact. The result is a workforce of entrepreneurs, parents, artists, and students launching home-grown solutions to New Orleans issues.
- Gradeuxity boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a check of $50 in a booklet of life-skills publicly after graduation. www.gradeuxity.com
- Fauxmosa creates and distributes menus that utilize bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options for non-drinkers, designated drivers, pregnant women, and moderate drinkers in social settings. www.fauxmosa.com
- Nolalit is a book club that celebrates local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related events. www.nolalit.com
- The Creative Resource Directory is a clearinghouse that brings the creative and cultural economy together at www.creativeresourcedirectory.com. Physical directory and phone app in the startup phase.
- Grow partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea