Embrace New Orleans literature in a social setting.
Nolalit reads independently, then meets the second Monday of the month at 6:00 pm at landmark, Columns Hotel (3811 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70115). Adults and mature teens are invited to attend with $1 per meeting. Food and drinks are available during Column’s happy hour in the Victoria Lounge 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
The group celebrates completing a book with an optional field trip, signing, or author-speaker. This is a great introduction to the rich culture of New Orleans for new residents and anyone who wants to share their passion for reading about New Orleans with others.
Craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings.
Special thanks to the New Orleans Hash House Harriers Red Dress Run for awarding The Creativity Collective a grant to launch Fauxmosa: the creation and distribution of craft mocktail menus to improve beverage options for non-drinkers and designated drivers in social settings.
Menus utilize available bar ingredients to make alcohol-free options. Menus can be downloaded and will be distributed through-out New Orleans bars, restaurants and venues.
Fauxmosa also includes education, stimulating alcohol-free options in local establishments with a rating system. www.facebook.com/fauxmosa and www.fauxmosa.com.
The Creativity Collective’s third annual pub crawl through the French Quarter in wedding dresses is Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Wanna relive that special day without all the stress? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Exorcise the demons of a bad marriage out of a perfectly good dress! Break out the white dress for a good cause, but wear comfortable shoes! 21 and over, please. I.D. required. EARLY BRIDE REGISTRATION STARTS JANUARY 1! RSVP on Facebook and tell your friends www.bigeasybrides.com. Photo by Curt McClain.
Impacting the Community with Creativity
A 501c3 awarded non-profit of artists, entrepreneurs, parents, and students impacting the community with fresh concepts and creative causes.
- Apply imaginative solutions to local issues
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Incubate talents, interests, and friendships
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy
- Promote creative expression as a path towards mental and physical health
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea