Join us April 28 during Jazz Fest for a fundraiser at the Rusty Nail to benefit Gradeuxity.
A portion of bar sales will go to support Gradeuxity! Rusty Nail has cocktails and a vast scotch selection in a space with a big patio, plus live music. 1100 Constance St,
New Orleans, LA 70130
The First annual Crawfish Crawl is May 14, 2016 to benefit Gradeuxity!
Crawfish-themed pub crawl and crawfish boil will pair crawfish culinary delights with the beers and beverages that compliment them - neighborhood TBD.
Join us for the Gradeuxity award ceremony on June 11th at the Broadmoor Arts & Wellness Center, 3900 General Taylor, New Orleans, LA 70125
Gradeuxity is a positive reinforcement education initiative that awards graduating seniors a check of $50 in a booklet of life skills publicly after graduation. Every child—regardless of race, economic background, parents, and type of school—is eligible for Gradeuxity. This includes public, home-school, and private school students. Seniors, with parental permission, can register at http://goo.gl/forms/2ua4wUp18a. (Graduation status will be validated. First-come-first-serve basis.) Non-check recipients will be entered into a raffle to win other items.
The Creativity Collective’s second annual Corset Crawl, a pub crawl through the New Freret in corsets is Saturday, July 23, 2016. Party in style and raise money for Gradeuxity!
Freret Street is an edgy yet polished uptown neighborhood near several universities. Corset Crawl begins at the 5000 block then proceeds to adjacent Freret Street venues offering drink and food discounts to wrist-banded attendees. The route is 1 mile, but well lubricated!
Impacting the Community with Creativity
The Creativity Collective is an artistic workforce with a community focus calling upon the talents of area entrepreneurs, artists, parents, and students to impact New Orleans issues with innovative solutions.
- The Collective’s year-long fundraising focus is Gradeuxity, which boosts incentive for high-school students to graduate by awarding them a $50 check in a booklet of life-skills. (gradeuxity.com).
- The Collective has crawl fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for Gradeuxity:
- March 5 - Leprecrawl: Leprechaun pub crawl and block party in Mid City. FB
- May 14 - Crawfish Crawl: Crawfish-themed pub crawl and crawfish boil. FB
- July 23 - Corset Crawl: Freret Street pub crawl and fashion walk in Corsets. FB
- September 17 - Bridal Crawl: FQ pub crawl and second-line in wedding dresses. FB
- November 2017 - Artventure: Interactive art walk and treasure hunt for the whole family. FB
- The Creative Resource Directory (CRD) A print and web directory showcasing the New Orleans’ creative and cultural economy. (creativeresourcedirectory.com). FB
- Nolalit is The Collective’s book club that celebrates and reinforces local culture with profound literature, cinema adaptations, and related field trips (nolalit.com). FB
- Fauxmosa craft mocktail menu featuring seven drinks to improve beverage options for non-drinkers in social settings. (fauxmosa.com). FB
- Grow partnerships between creative individuals and the community
- Foster families in a creative environment
- Spark a sense of community within our creative/cultural economy and create awareness
- Incubate artistic growth through arts education, travel, and networking
- Promote artistic expression as a path towards mental and physical health
- Develop inspirational meeting spaces for creative individuals and the public
- Create projects that provide education, resources, experience, and exposure for creative individuals
The Spirit of The Creativity Collective
- We believe creativity improves our quality of life
- We define artists as entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs are artists
- We believe creativity is the natural byproduct of enthusiasm
- We are lifelong learners and students of vision
- We are dedicated to the life of an idea